Major papers presented
Have presented 154 papers and publications in various National and International conferences and in various journals .
Overall 64 papers presented in the Cardiological society of Cardiology conferences from 1998 to 2022 .
Some Important Papers presented at various forums
Presented paper titled—Role of Coxsackie virus infection in new onset of DM and myocarditis in World Cardiology Conference in 1996.
- 1. Asymptomatic coronary artery disease in patients with significant peripheral vascular disease. Detection by dobutamine stress echo and coronary angiography
- 2. Diagnostic value of Head up Tilt Test in patients of Unexplained syncope
- 3. Asymptomatic carotid artery disease in patients with significant coronary artery disease undergoing CABG.
All these abstracts (3) were also published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology - May Issue, 2002.
Papers presented at European Society of Cardiology and World Cardiology Conference 2006, held at Barcelona Sept 2006
- 1. Cardiac Output Estimation by Transesophageal Doppler Monitoring versus Thermodilution in the Intensive Coronary
Care UnitESC and WCC 2006, held at Barcelona Sept 2006 ,Abstract Book Supplement to the European Eur Heart J.2006; 27: iii-vi
Papers presented at The European Acute Cardiac Care Congress 2006 held in Prague, Czech Republic
- 1. Clinical Profile of Patients of Angina with Slow Flow and Normal Coronary Angiogram
Articles for awareness in cardiology
- 1. Guest Editor for magazine ‘ CARE’ for circulation among cardiologist and general practioners .published from the year 2003 to 2007.
- 2.Writen over 50 articles in various cardiology magazines and news pappers promoting prevention till December 2018
Contributed to various chapters in cardiology text books
- 1. Contributed to various Cardiology Books including a chapter on Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome" as the co aurthor in API
text took of Medicine
- 2. Contributed chapter- An Algorhythmic approach to treatment of Arrythmia in children.
- 3. Emergencies in Infectious diseases: from head to toe. Editors Nancy Misri Khardori, Chand Wattal. 1st ed 2010 Byword Books, New Delhi.
Recent important publications and presentations -2016
- 1. Efficacy and safety of the intensive dose of rosuvastatin 40 mg/day in patients with acute coronary syndrome and at high risk of cardiovascular
disease-ROSUVEES-2, INDIAN HEART JOURNAL 68 9 2016), 766-771. Ashwani Mehta, Chetan P Shah, Bhaskar P Shah, Sameer I Dani, B B
Channa, S S Lakshmanan, N C Krishnamani, P Moorthy
- 2. Wadhwa ‘Rosuvastatin in Ischemic Stroke: Systematic Review of the Ongoing Clinical Trials’. Presented at 10th World Stroke Congress, WSC
2016, Hyderabad, India, 26- 29 October, 2016. Ashwani Mehta , Puneet Agarwal , CS Agarwal , Jaideep Bansal , Jamshed Dalal , Sadanand Shetty ,
Sundeep Mishra , Navneet.
- 3. Anemia and Iron deficiency in Indian patients with congestive heart failure J P S Sawhney, Ashwani Mehta, Himanshu Arora,
Manish Sharma, Bhuwanesh Kandpal, Arun Mohanty,
Recent important publications and presentations -2017
- 1. Short term clinical and echocardiographic outcomes after use of polytetrafluroethylene (ptfe) bicuspid pulmonary valve during primary repair
of tetralogy of fallot J P S Sawhney , Ashwani Mehta, Prashant Wankhede, Raja Joshi, Neeraj Aggarwal, Mridul Agarwal,
Recent important publications and presentations -2018
American Heart Association Council on Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2018 at Chicago , USA.
- 1. RAAS India Study has been successfully published at American Heart Association, Sep 6 th -9 th 2018. This is the first ever large study on
Azilsartan published at AHA in 2018.
- 2. Oral Presentation: Epidemiological Study Evaluating Uncontrolled Systolic Blood Pressure In Patients ≥ 50 Years With Hypertension, In
Relation To Stroke Risk And Current Antihypertensive Treatment Strategies (Systup study) - Analysis Of India Cohort : published
at AHA in 2018
Recent important publications and presentations -2019
- Short term clinical and echocardiographic outcomes after use of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) bicuspid pulmonary
valve during the repair of Tetralogy of Fallot, Year: Annals of Pediatric Cardiology 2019
Recent important publications and presentations -2020
- 1. Appointed to the editorial board of journal- International Journal of Atherogenic Diabetic Dyslipidemia (IJADD).
- 2. Invited for 12th INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP, STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF THE VASCULAR SYSTEM,PARIS (FRANCE), 6-8 February 2020
Recent important publications and presentations -2021
- Appointed to the editorial board of Indian Editorial Board Members of Eurointervention Journal.
Recent important publications and presentations -2022
- 1. American College of Cardiology 2022 - Abstract, "A Systemic metanalysis and review of theevidence from the published
case Reports and Vaccine adverse events reporting systems for Myocarditis following Covid 19 Vaccination""" at the ACC 71st Annual Scientific
Session, April 2-4, 2022 in Washington, D.C.It has also been published in JACC , 2065 JACC March 8, 2022, Volume 79, Issue 9,suppl A.
- 2. Improving the ACS Triage—Using High Sensitivity TroponinI and Copeptin for Early ‘Rule-Out’ of AMI,January 2022,
Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry.
- 3. 90 th EAS Congess ,May 22-25,2022 Milan ,Italy –Poster Presentation Hunting for Homozygous Familial
- 4. 90 th EAS Congess ,May 22-25,2022 Milan ,Italy Achieving the LDL-C Goal 55mg/dl in Indian Patients of Acute Coronary Syndrome
with High Intensity Statin,
Some Important Publications cited on PubMed
- 1. Short-term clinical and echocardiographic outcomes after use of polytetrafluoroethylene bicuspid pulmonary valve during the repair of
tetralogy of Fallot. Wankhade PR, Aggarwal N, Joshi RK, Agarwal M, Joshi R, Mehta A, Kar S. Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2019 Jan-Apr;12(1):25-31.
doi: 10.4103/apc.APC_51_18. PMID: 30745766 Free PMC Article Select item 30595326
- 2. To study the effect of high dose Atorvastatin 40mg versus 80mg in patients with dyslipidemia.
Agrawal D, Manchanda SC, Sawhney JPS, Kandpal B, Jain R, Mehta A, Mohanty A, Passey R, Makhija A, Sharma MK. Indian Heart J. 2018 Dec;70
Suppl 3:S8-S12. doi: 10.1016/j.ihj.2018.01.034. Epub 2018 Jan 31. PMID: 30595326 Free Article, Select item 30595239
- 3. Anemia profile in patients with congestive heart failure a hospital based observational study.
Arora H, Sawhney JPS, Mehta A, Mohanty A. Indian Heart J. 2018 Dec;70 Suppl 3:S101-S104. doi: 10.1016/j.ihj.2018.06.017.
Epub 2018 Jun 30.PMID: 30595239 Free Article,Select item 30393992
- 4. Prognostic significance, angiographic characteristics and impact of antithrombotic and anticoagulant therapy on outcomes in high versus low grade coronary artery
ectasia: A long-term follow-up study.Gunasekaran P, Stanojevic D, Drees T, Fritzlen J, Haghnegahdar M, McCullough M, Barua R, Mehta A, Hockstad E,
Wiley M, Earnest M, Tadros P, Genton R, Gupta K. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2018 Nov 4. doi: 10.1002/ccd.27929. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 30393992 ,Select item 30347952
- 5. Prevalence of Hyperuricemia in Indian Subjects attending Hyperuricemia Screening Programs-A Retrospective Study.Billa G, Dargad R, Mehta A.
J Assoc Physicians India. 2018 Apr;66(4):43-6. PMID: 30347952, Select item 28845751
- 6. Antiinflammatory Therapy with Canakinumab for Atherosclerotic Disease. Ridker PM, Everett BM, Thuren T, MacFadyen JG,
Chang WH, Ballantyne C, Fonseca F, Nicolau J, Koenig W, Anker SD, Kastelein JJP, Cornel JH, Pais P, Pella D, Genest J, Cifkova R, Lorenzatti A,
Forster T, Kobalava Z, Vida-Simiti L, Flather M, Shimokawa H, Ogawa H, Dellborg M, Rossi PRF, Troquay RPT, Libby P, Glynn RJ; CANTOS Trial Group.
N Engl J Med. 2017 Sep 21;377(12):1119-1131. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1707914. Epub 2017 Aug 27.PMID: 28845751 Free Article ,Select item 28756420
- 7. Safety and Feasibility of Rotational Atherectomy in Elderly Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis.Lippmann M, Patel J,
Kvapil J, Westover D, Pierpoline M, Tadros P, Wiley M, Zorn G 3rd, Muehlebach G, Mehta A, Hockstad E, Earnest M, Gupta K. J Invasive Cardiol. 2017
Aug;29(8):271-275.PMID: 28756420 Free Article ,Select item 28081827
- 8. Cangrelor With and Without Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Inhibitors in Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention.
Vaduganathan M, Harrington RA, Stone GW, Deliargyris EN, Steg PG, Gibson CM, Hamm CW, Price MJ, Menozzi A, Prats J, Elkin S, Mahaffey KW, White HD,
Bhatt DL; CHAMPION Investigators. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017 Jan 17;69(2):176-185. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2016.10.055. PMID: 28081827 Free Article,Select
- 9. Efficacy and safety of the intensive dose of rosuvastatin 40mg/day in patients with acute coronary syndrome and at
high risk of cardiovascular disease- ROSUVEES-2. Shah CP, Shah BP, Dani SI, Channa BB, Lakshmanan SS, Krishnamani NC, Mehta A, Moorthy P.Indian Heart
J. 2016 Nov - Dec;68(6):766-771. doi: 10.1016/j.ihj.2016.09.002. Epub 2016 Sep 21.PMID: 27931543 Free PMC Article, Select item 27315577